Subject: problem installing bootloader on ipod video 60

problem installing bootloader on ipod video 60

From: randy <rlknapp_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:50:18 -0400

Hi, I am trying to install rockbox on a ipod video 60 and when I run ipodpatcher to install the bootloader, I get the following error:

[INFO] Scanning disk devices...
[INFO] Ipod found - Video (aka 5th Generation) ("winpod") - disk device 3
[INFO] Part Start Sector End Sector Size (MB) Type
[INFO] 0 63 224909 109.8 Empty (0x00)
[INFO] 1 224910 117210239 57121.7 W95 FAT32 (0x0b)
[INFO] Ipod model: Video (aka 5th Generation) ("winpod")
Enter i to install the Rockbox bootloader, u to uninstall
 or c to cancel and do nothing (i/u/c) : Error reading from disk: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Press ENTER to exit ipodpatcher :

I can boot the ipod and can see the apple ipod logo. Windows also sees the drive in my computer. I hope that some one has encountered this and has a solution.

Randy Knapp