Subject: Re: strange problem, occuring mostly with 192 kbps mp3

Re: strange problem, occuring mostly with 192 kbps mp3

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:13:36 +0100

On 3/18/07, Tyler Wood <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
> I was listening to a audio file, (I'm fairly sure it was 192 kbps), mp3, and
> all of the sudden, it started to skip, such so there was gapps in playback.

have you read this?
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodFAQ#Playback_is_glitchy_skips

> But, even stranger, when I'm running the battery benchmark plugin, all of
> the files skip. The skipps all seem to be happening randomly. But, with the
> cds I ripped, they're 192 kbps vbr mp3. These are mostly the ones I get
> gapps from- all others are fine (except with the battery benchmark plugin

VBR files can go up to bitrates higher than the average 192 kbps, so
it's most likely they skip on those parts. If there is activity in the
background (like a running plugin) it naturally increases the chance
of getting skips.

Updating Rockbox is absolutely safe, the only critical part is the
bootloader, and that rarely requires updating.

 - Dominik