Subject: Re: Membership keeps disabling

Re: Membership keeps disabling

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:36:35 -0400

Bluechip wrote:
> At 01:50 19/03/2007, you wrote:
>> Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>>> It's apparently a server problem at Google.
>>
>> Yahoo Groups messages to gmail accounts have also been messed up
>> lately. Only ~20% of the messages are getting through. I don't know
>> what the deal is. It's hard to complain too much about a free "beta"
>> service.
>
> Would it be too bold to suggest that as we have been accepted for GSoC,
> that our complaint might go noticed?

Yahoo groups have had some email issues recently, but the latest batch
of problems seems to be associated with gmail accounts on the receiving
end. The logs at Yahoo groups show two soft bounces (to a gmail address)
on the 15th:

3/15/2007 msg #1438 3/15/2007 Soft Bounce
3/15/2007 msg #4691 3/15/2007 Soft Bounce

There have been 8 bounces total in the last week, with only one during
the three years before that.

What's weirder is this:

Last Bounced Message
Remote host said: 552 5.2.2 User over quota f6si2449538pyh [RCPT_TO]

Over quota? Hah! Not even close. 15% maximum. Trash and spam folders are
empty. It really seems like something is hosed with gmail. Nothing new
has been posted by Google tech support folks AFAIK.