Subject: Re: ipod nano cvs 070310 - data abort at 0002fb3c

Re: ipod nano cvs 070310 - data abort at 0002fb3c

From: Adrian Wiesmann <awiesmann_at_swordlord.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:13:24 +0100

Hello all

> On 3/10/07, Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/10/07, pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Martin,
> > >
> > > You need to update to the new bootloader too.
> >
> > Thanks. I searched the forum + website for update instructions,
> > but didn't find anything. Is this new boatloader public or should
> > I just keep the old firmware for a few weeks until detailed update
> > instructions appear?
>
> Answering my own question: Re-running the ipodpatcher
> fixed the problem.

I seem to have a similar problem. I updated my iPod nano with the CVS
build from last night. Since then I have a:

Data abort
at 0002F068

failure whenever I try to browse my files or change my settings.

But my main problem is that entering disc mode does not work anymore. Well
it does work but it immediately switches to "Disconnected" which means my
computer is not able to recognise the iPod. I tried:

- to enter the Apple firmware, it switches just charges the battery,
nothing more happend.
- shut down the iPod and connect to computer. Rockbox boots,
shows USB symbol, enters disc mode and immediately "leaves" disc mode (you
can now disconnect)
- booting rockbox and then connecting to computer. Shows USB
symbol, enters disc mode and immediately "leaves" disc mode (you can now
disconnect)

I already switched the cable, so it is not a defect in the cable.

So now I am stuck a little bit. I can not change my firmware back to an
older version nor can I rerun ipodpatcher since the software can't "see"
the iPod because it never stays in disc mode for longer than a second or
so.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Adrian