Subject: Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

From: Menachem Shapiro <>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:13:01 -0700

On 3/20/07, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <> wrote:
> Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> > When playing mp3s, pressing the play/pause button doesn't always work
> > as it should. I can start the mp3, but when I hit the pause button, it
> > goes to a settings page. I think it is settings for the mp3 file
> > itself. This does not happen every time. Usually, the first time I
> > press pause/play it works as intended, but starts acting wonky after
> > that (although not always right after that).
> It depends on how long you hold the button. If you hold it, you will
> reach the context menu. A short press should play/pause as usual.

That explains why I reach the context menu. I was pressing the
play/pause button longer in hopes of it recognizing that I wanted to

However, I am still not able to get the play/pause button to
consistently work. I press it and it doesn't respond at all. I usually
notice it when I am playing and want to pause, I press the button and
it just keeps on playing.

Before I upgraded to the latest firmware, I was running a daily build
from the middle of November. The problem only started after I updated
to the latest daily build.