Subject: Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

From: Menachem Shapiro <>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:33:56 -0700

On 3/20/07, Menachem Shapiro <> wrote:
> B"H
> On 3/20/07, Mike Holden <> wrote:
> > > Before I upgraded to the latest firmware, I was running a daily build
> > > from the middle of November. The problem only started after I updated
> > > to the latest daily build.
> >
> > It's possible you may have a hardware fault with your player. The button
> > mechanisms tend to be quite fragile on many models.
> >
> > Are you able to go back again to the previous version of the firmware you
> > were using, and verify whether the fault goes away again or not? If it
> > does, then it looks like a fault with the firmware version, but if the
> > problem remains then it points to a likely hardware problem.
> I have an the daily build from October 24, 2006. I will install it
> tonight and see if the problem goes away or not.

I installed the build from October 24, 2006, and tested out the
pause/play functionality. Pressing pause/play worked like it should,
and I was able to pause and play numerous times.

In other words, it looks like it is not a hardware problem.

Any other suggestions of what I could look at? If it is not a firmware
issue, is there a setting that may be misconfigured, that would cause
this to happen?