Subject: Re: getting to WPS from Resume on Startup

Re: getting to WPS from Resume on Startup

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:48:48 -1000

At 09:09 PM 3/22/2007, Linus wrote:
There is a quick way to get to the WPS, and it has been the same
since the beginning of the iPod port, and it is no different now: press Play.

Hi,

I'm very confused. When I start the iPod, playback begins because I
have Resume on Startup turned on. However, if I press Play for two
seconds, I am in the main menu, not in the folder where the file I am
playing is. You say that pressing Play takes you to the WPS. I
tried pressing Play; playback stopped. I pressed it again and
playback resumed. When I held down Play for two seconds, playback
stopped and I was still in the main menu, not the folder containing
the file I was playing. So maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Is
there a quick way to move focus to the folder containing the file I
am playing? If I want to know the name of the currently playing file
or play some other file in the same folder, it doesn't seem like I
should have to choose Files, then the correct folder or series of
folders to get to the place where the file I am playing is. I hope
this makes sense, and thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Anna