Subject: Re: finding a build on the current builds thing.

Re: finding a build on the current builds thing.

From: Rich <richtone_at_vnet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:17:27 -0500

On Friday, March 23, 2007 3:26 PM
matthew cooper said:
> OK, this should be really basic, but I kinda can't find builds on the page, I have to use the archived builds page. All I see is
> numbers all over the place and no download links. help me please? I am going mental.

  I can relate Matthew.

  Probably the easiest thing for you do is to just do a simple string search from the top of that page. That's probably control-f for you. Enter the name of the player you're looking for.

  The first three hits you'll find list the names of what's included in the download but you'll need to scroll beyond them and search again until you find the name of your exact player which is also a link.

  Take that link and it'll prompt you for run or download. When you select download, the file name should also reflect the name of the player. I know it seems obvious but make sure you get the right one for your player.

  You should also be sure to download the manual for your exact player from the download page. The HTML version of the manuals are really nice to use by the way.

  Before you attempt to install, be very sure to read the installation instructions from the manual. That will help you avoid major goofs.

  As you are going along, step by step, if you have questions you can't answer from the manual, drop a question here. Take your time and be patient. It's worth doing right.

  Good luck Matthew.

  Richard
  ***