Subject: Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

From: Mike Keithley <mkeithley_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:17:16 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

First a question. From reading messages, I understand there is a hard
reset button somewhere on the H340. I checked the documentation and
couldn't find a reference to "hard reset" anywhere. So, can someone tell
a blind user where the hard reset button is?

Second, I've been having intermittent freezing problems when starting or
stopping an mp3 file. This freeze can also happen when removing the
power plug after charging the battery.

This freeze is intermittent. When it happens, there is something
displayed on the display but all keys are frozen. I always keep the
"hold" switch off. My current workaround is to just let the device sit
about a day and a half until the battery runs down, plug in the power for
five minutes, unplug power and start the device. It usually starts, and
I can reset Rockbox and set the menus. I then turn it off and continue
charging the battery. When charging is finished, I try starting the
device and it can work for a while until the next freeze. The freeze
seems to happen mostly when I've paused a file and want to restart it.

Mike Keithley