Subject: RE: Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

RE: Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

From: daniel dalton <>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:35:51 +1000

Mike Keithley <> wrote:
> First a question. From reading messages, I understand there is a hard

> reset button somewhere on the H340. I checked the documentation and
> couldn't find a reference to "hard reset" anywhere. So, can someone
> tell a blind user where the hard reset button is?

Hi Mike.
Yes there is a hard reset button.
It is near the mic just below it if you have the end with the line in
jack and earphone jack facing up.

> Second, I've been having intermittent freezing problems when starting
> or stopping an mp3 file. This freeze can also happen when removing
> the power plug after charging the battery.
> This freeze is intermittent. When it happens, there is something
> displayed on the display but all keys are frozen. I always keep the
> "hold" switch off. My current workaround is to just let the device
> sit about a day and a half until the battery runs down, plug in the
> power for five minutes, unplug power and start the device. It usually

> starts, and I can reset Rockbox and set the menus. I then turn it off

> and continue charging the battery. When charging is finished, I try
> starting the
> device and it can work for a while until the next freeze. The freeze
> seems to happen mostly when I've paused a file and want to restart it.

I haven't heard of this before sorry.
However you could try pressing the reset button.
Let me know if you can find the reset button or not.
Hope this helps.

skype daniel_3680
If you add me to skype or msn please send me an email telling me who you