Subject: Re: iriver H340 instability

Re: iriver H340 instability

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:44:41 -0700

On 3/26/07, Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net> wrote:
> > Grant Hardy wrote:
> >
> > So...no bad sectors were reported. I assume this is a good sign? Any
> > advice from here?
> >
> > So far so good. My next suggestion would be to defragment the hard
> drive's
> > contents. How does the Iriver perform afterwords?
Uh-oh...it was spinning fine for a good couple hours but has now
stopped the motor of the drive and Windows is giving me an error about
"could not write to the drive, it could be caused by a hardware
failure". Is there *any* chance that the drive is corrupt and needs a
formatting? If not...is there a way to discover whether this is
caused by the drive or the battery or something else?...

Grant