Subject: Re: voicebox?

Re: voicebox?

From: Erin Chaves <em_chalet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:19:20 -0400

Tyler Wood wrote:
I've got 467 files+, probably closer to 700. I'm converting them to sapi 5, however, I'm not sure if there converting or not; and, when its finished, the pop-up lasts for only a moment, so if I don't catch it, I don't know if the process has finished or not.

  Tyler,
  When you hear the Voicebox ding, that means it has converted all of the files you specified.

  Tyler wrote:
  Should I convert the j:\ folder, or should I be going j:\ripped cds\ Rock Music
  Will that work better? Currently, I'm converting the hole thing, starting with j:\. Will this work?

  Well, it depends on how many folders you want to have voiced with Sapi5.
  As for me, I have voiced all the folders on my Iaudio.
  The cool thing is, you can create desktop shortcuts for specific folders, so next time you want to run Voicebox, it's a click away.
  I have shortcuts set up for several folders. Sometimes I only need to voice 'audio books', for example, so I enter on that shortcut.

  Tyler wrote:
  How long should the process take, anyway?

  It depends on how many files you're scripting.
  It you're doing several hundred files, it's going to take a few minutes.

  Erin