Subject: Re: USB charging Nano

Re: USB charging Nano

From: Robert Menes <>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:22:31 -0400

On 4/10/07, Binder, David <> wrote:
> >If I connect my Nano via USB while the Nano is off, it turns on, but
> >then it says "Loading" and just freezes there. The only way out is to
> >re-boot without the USB plugged in, let it get into Rockbox and then
> >plug in the USB cable. If I do that, it goes into the normal charging
> >screen. This has only started a couple of weeks ago when I installed the
> >then latest build and the latest bootloader. I've installed a more
> >recent build version a few days ago but I still have the same problem.
> >Anyone else see this?
> >-David
> Not so far, and I'm using the build from just last night with the latest
bootloader installed on my 5.5G iPod. But I would recommend that
if you want to connect the nano to your PC via USB, that you do so
while the power is on. (Actually I've made that a habit.)

(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.