Subject: Re: iPod will not shutdown

Re: iPod will not shutdown

From: John K Masters <johnmasters_at_oxtedonline.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:09:13 +0100

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:35:36 -0400
Matthew Caron <matt_at_mattcaron.net> wrote:

> \> thing is I can't shutdown my iPod. A long press on the Play button
> > brings up the 'Shutting Down' message, the Apple logo appears and
> > then Rockbox starts up again.
>
> That happens to me if it's plugged in when you turn it off. Is it?

Does not matter whether it is plugged in or not it still won't shut
down. But it has now locked up completely with the Apple logo showing
and nothing works - not even reset.

[Later]

Let the battery run down and am now recharging. So far all seems to be
well.

> > BTW what do most people use to transfer playlists to the Rockbox
> > iPod from Linux?
>
> Depends:
>
> (1) If you're talking about copying the playlist (like the actual .m3u
> file) I use cp.
>
> (2) If you're talking about copying all the files to which the
> playlist refers, I currently use cp, but plan on writing a script for
> that.
>
> (3) If you're asking "how do I sync my podcasts to my ipod and only
> put the new ones there", I wrote a script for that:
> http://www.mattcaron.net/linux/scripts/sync_podcasts

(2) looks good to me. I'll have a go at a Python script and if it works
I'll post it - GPL of course.

Regards,
        John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)