Subject: Re: IAudio subpack

Re: IAudio subpack

From: Ray Lambert <codemonkey_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:58:29 -0400 (EDT)

chou.clement_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Ah, thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try, but being a blind user, how
> would I install rockbox again after I restored it to the cowon firmware
> without the subpack and charger?

Hmmm.... good question. I presume you didn't install the boot loader
that lets you choose which to run?

In that case, I guess the easiest way would be to use the Rockbox file
rename feature to rename the rockbox image file so it isn't recognized by
the boot loader and isn't loaded. You need to highlight the file and hold
the joy button down. I don't recall exactly what the menu says and I
don't have my player with me at the moment to check.

To restore Rockbox, you should be able to rename the file from your PC
after you've connected via the USB OTG port.

I'd guess that, until you get your replacement subpack, that you'll want
to just stay with the Cowon FW so you can avoid doing this everytime you
need to charge.

~ray