Subject: Re: looking for a lite-wweight mp3 player with at least 20gb of diskspace

Re: looking for a lite-wweight mp3 player with at least 20gb of diskspace

From: Neon John <>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:11:46 -0400

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:18:03 -0500, Christopher Chaltain
<> wrote:

>Dave Hooper wrote:
>>> Hi together,
>>> I'm looking for a good liteweight mp3player that is not that
>>> expensive, can be connected with my pc via usb and supports rockbox.
>>> I thought that archos recorder 20 could be one of these players but
>>> unfortunately this model is quite old an therefore hard to get. So
>>> I'd be delighted if you could help me find a good player.
>>> Thanks in advance, Helmuth,
>> Well, these are the models supported by rockbox, do any of these take
>> your fancy? Only you can judge what is "not that expensive".
>I got a refurbished iRiver H10 20GB MP3 player from for $100,
>and I'm very happy with it. Of course, you'd have to wait until it comes
>up on again, but I'm sure you could find it for not much more
>somewhere else on the web.

Hey, that's a slick site Didn't know about it.

Dave, I highly suggest trying to find a JBR V1 if you can. I've
looked at or had several others including an iPod (ughhh) and still
come back to my recorder.

If/when you get yourself a main unit, if you want a small unit for on
the go that you can toss in your shirt pocket, hang around your neck,
etc, look at this one:

They now have a 2 gig model for just a little more.

I have one and like it. IT is NOT rockbox compatible but it resumes
on power-up which makes it suitable for audiobook listening. The
radio sucks, as do most antenna-less radios but the rest works well. I
use this one when the JBR is just too big and clunky. Yard work,
groveling around under a car, etc.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill