Subject: Some questions about new bootloader + fw

Some questions about new bootloader + fw

From: Matthew Caron <>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:00:23 -0400

Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and updated my Nano to the latest bootloader
and firmware off of a version from back in February. However, I do have
a couple of questions.

(1) Clearing settings.

And thus the manual spake:

Note: You can also reset all settings to their default values by turning
off the player, and turning it back on with the hold button on.

However, this doesn't seem to be accurate, as it boots the Apple
firmware. How does one clear the settings?

(2) Continuing to play while plugging in to USB

I thought that there used to be a way to get your iPod to keep playing
and not go into disk mode when you plugged in a USB cable. However, this
doesn't seem to work (as soon as I let go of the menu button, it goes
into disk mode). So, am I misremembering and/or crazy? If not, then how
is this supposed to work?

Aside from that, I really like the new version. It seems a lot snappier,
and much quicker to resume playing an ogg file which was playing when I
turned the player off.

Keep up the good work!

PGP Key:
Molon Labe!