Subject: Re: ipod 3G question

Re: ipod 3G question

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:30:26 -0400

On 5/1/07, RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info> wrote:

> >Hello listers,
>
> >Is there any satisfied ipod 3rd gen users on the list?
>
> >I have a friend who has bought one and he told me that when I >boots up
> rockbox and starts to scroll in the menu, most of the >time, the unit
> freezes, and he has nothing more to do except >resetting the Ipod.
> >So, since the Ipod 3g (30 gb) is not mentionned as supported on >the main
> page, would we have to assume that there is no stable >support at all?
> >Is there any workaround?
>
> >We have installed the very latest build on it.
> >Thanks for any response you'd give me.

Hi Razorback,

According to the developers, since only a couple of them actually own a 3G
iPod,
there's very little work that can be done due to lack of some information.
It's not
a matter of just leaving the port in the dust, but since you also seem to
have access
to a 3G iPod, maybe you can help them out with developing the port a little
further.
Why not ask them about that?

Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)