Subject: Re: Playing Lossless Files on the Archos

Re: Playing Lossless Files on the Archos

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:40:52 +0100

>>transfer it to my Archos and just play it without converting to mp3. Are
>>there any ways to play lossless files other than wav? I am using DB Poweramp
>
>No -- the archos devices have the decoder in hardware, and this makes
>it impossible to support other formats.
>
>- Dominik

Dominik,

I'm afraid you are mistaken. The MAS DOES have CoDec support.
Rockbox just don't have what it takes to write them.
The WAV CoDec was eventually given to Rockbox by Micronas (iirc),
but has still never been integrated.
What we need is someone with the political and technical skills
required to bring MAS CoDec integration to Rockbox.

BC