Subject: Re: good suggestions for accessible mp3 players?

Re: good suggestions for accessible mp3 players?

From: David Marsh <dpmarsh_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 07:36:07 +0100

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 00:03 -0500, Randy Tijerina wrote:

> Hello friends, Randy here.
> I am in the market for a good accessible or rockbox supported mp3 player,
> which of the Iriver, or archos models do you recommend?
> I have onmy external drive an 18.4 gb folder filed with single mp3 files.
> not albums, but single songs.
> I know that there's no player that can hold that much. can someone steer me
> in the right direction?
> Randy.

Hi Randy,

well at the end of the day it depends on how much you want to spend.
But the 5g iPod Video 60Gb cetrainly works for s me with Rockbox.
However, the newer 80Gb iPod is not supported yet.

On another note, having mainly Ogg Vorbis tracks now and not mp3s
(because Ogg Vorbis files are smaller and better quality than mp3) I
have found the term 'mp3 player' doesnt work for me now, and prefer
instead Digital Audio Player, or perhaps Digital Media Player. Of
course with Rockbox you can play a wider variety of formats than is
supported by the standard firmware of popular players.

If you have a look at the Rockbox Manual page
http://www.rockbox.org/manual.shtml you should see the supoored players.

Hope this helps.

Dave