Subject: Re: iAudio X5 repair help/advice

Re: iAudio X5 repair help/advice

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 21:11:04 +0200

Ray Lambert wrote:
> If it's as bad as you suspect (i.e. replacing the CPU) that sounds like a
> pretty expensive repair; maybe nearly as much as a new unit! That's a
> major drag. :(

Indeed.

> As you may recall, I am actually a (very part time) developer myself.
> What would be involved with writing the manual procedure that you
> suggested? Is it just a matter of creating a menu item and tweaking a bit
> somewhere to activate charging or is there something more complex
> involved?

It's actually not that complicated. It's a little more complicated than
flipping a bit, since it involves setting some registers in the PCF50606
chip and monitor the charging.

I suggest you read a little in the PCF50606 datasheet about the
charging, and then look for help in the IRC channel.

Linus