Subject: Mpeg Player (Gigabeat)

Mpeg Player (Gigabeat)

From: Ed Nickl <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:57:33 -0400

I have Rockbox running on my Gigabeat F (40gig). I am VEY impressed so far!
Rockbox is the reason I bought it. I realize that adding FF/RW to a video
player is not easy, but how about adding search points. I would suggest
adding 10 or 20 (or even configurable) points that you would cycle through
like chapter points. They would have to be at the next i frame after it.
So if you had a 2hr movie, each break would be 6min. Or have 5 breaks for
under 5 min videos, 10 for under 30 min and 20 for over 30min. I have only
programmed in Basic, and that was not high level stuff.