Subject: RE: Script to automatically download and install rockbox firmware

RE: Script to automatically download and install rockbox firmware

From: Mat Mirabella <mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 18:57:25 +1000 (EST)

Hmm. This is a good idea, especially if you need to
get voice files, fonts
and the like all at once.
I have done this sort of thing also with a perl script
to download rockbox,
the fonts, the source, build a voice file from the
source lang using the vb
scripts, copy other files across that I use and unpack
to the player for
each daily build. I think this only worked well up
until feb 28 - at which
time I stopped using newer builds due to me not liking
the new menu
structure and there being some issues with voice files
around that time.
It also had a problem when the zip files started to be
named without the
date in them...