Subject: Re: Rockbox on H340 and pregnant pauses

Re: Rockbox on H340 and pregnant pauses

From: Brian Wolven <>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:34:52 -0400

Robin Christopherson wrote:
> Thanks Brian but I think it's the latest version (although I can't see
> how to display the version number). Should I just reinstall do you think?

I don't think that'd help unless you somehow got hold of a "modified" version.
The first part of the file voiceUtils.vbs ought to look like the text below; if
it doesn't, then it may be worth downloading the voicebox ZIP again and starting

' Set up SAPI for clip generation

Public Sub VoiceInit()

  Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
  Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  dQ = Chr(34) ' double quote - preferable to writing """" to get "
  sP = Chr(32) ' space character
  ScriptDir = FSO.GetFile(Wscript.ScriptFullName).ParentFolder

  Set Log_file = FSO.CreateTextFile(ScriptDir&"\voiceBox.log")
  IniFile = ScriptDir&"\voiceBox.ini"

  On Error Resume Next ' skip to next line on error

  Set spkr = WSCript.CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")

  If Err.Number <> 0 Then

    MsgBox "You do not have Microsoft Speech installed."

  End If

'--- Attempt to load voice.

  Set spkr.Voice = spkr.GetVoices("Language=409").Item(0)

  If Err.Number <> 0 Then

    MsgBox "You do not seem to have a voice installed. Exiting."

  End If

  On Error GoTo 0 ' reset error handling
  Err.clear ' in case we have more code, we clear the current error