Subject: Re: ipod and error message

Re: ipod and error message

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:52:16 +0200

On 5/15/07, Soniya patel <patels_at_k12tn.net> wrote:
> rockbox data abort at 0002f8b8

This might be caused by an outdated bootloader. There was an
incompatible change some months ago which require you to update the
bootloader. If unsure, just reinstall the bootloader (using
ipodpatcher, the manual has detailed steps).

Also, when updating you need to overwrite the complete folder
".rockbox". If you have a file "/rockbox.ipod" in the root of your
player then remove it, that file got moved into the ".rockbox" folder
a while ago. If you mix up that rockbox.ipod file with a different
build you might experience errors too (I don't think it should result
in data aborts, but I could be wrong about that).

Last, you need to use a voice file that is matching your build -- if
the voice file doesn't match the text strings you'll get wrong or no
voice, depending on the menu item itself.

 - Dominik