Subject: Re: rockbox on a sandisk sansa E260

Re: rockbox on a sandisk sansa E260

From: Charles philip Chan <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:07:30 -0400

On 15 May 2007, wrote:

> I did a google search and came up with an article that
> said that you had to "show all folders" in the settings menu. Can
> anyone give me some pointers on how to do this?

Yes, the Sansa have this annoying habit of rehiding the music
directory. You have 2 choices here, either:

(1) Unhide the directory in Windows and rename it something else if you
    don't use the stock firmware for music.

(2) Setting Rockbox to show all file by going to ""Settings"-> "General
    Settings"-> "File View"-> "Sow Files" and select "All".

As an aside, you will be disappointed with the sound of the Sansa with
the stock Rockbox firmware without the "audio glitch" patch in Flyspray:

You could either apply it yourself and recompile or use a precompiled
version. Here is a link to mine which includes quite a number of

Just download and in the first post and
unzip them to the top level directory of your player.