Subject: Re: rockbox on a sandisk sansa E260

Re: rockbox on a sandisk sansa E260

From: Charles philip Chan <cpchan_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:49:16 -0400

On 15 May 2007, guyster_at_bex.net wrote:

> Hey there Charles, and thanks for the info.

No problem. Glad to be of help.

> Is the patch on your site the latest nightly build with all the
> patches?

It is not my site- "Anything but iPod" is one of the sites that I hang
out in. Yes, my version is patched against the latest at build time,
pulled from SVN. It is almost build daily unless if there are no changes
that affects the Sansa and/or if there are no new patches that I want to
apply. There is also a link in top post of that thread to my personal
version with a changed "Main Menu". The patches applied and changes is
listed clearly in the post.

> If I upgrade my build, am I gonna have to reinstall anything?

No. If you use the compiled version, just uzip rocbox_1.zip and
rockbox_2.zip into the top level directory of your player. The only
exception is if your bootloader is too old- in this case you will need
to reinstall the bootloader first. I also provide unified diffs that
will patch against the SVN version if you want to compile your own.

Charles

--
panic("Yeee, unsupported cache architecture.");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/mips/mm/cache.c