Subject: Re: rockbox website

Re: rockbox website

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:12:07 +0100

On Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:59 PM,
Robin Christopherson happened to mention in passing:

> Andre
>
> I'm new to the whole Rockbox thing and wanted to know if SDN builds
> really do change that often to warrant checking every day. What steps
> do you have to take to update your version when you see there's a new
> build?
> Lastly am I right in thinking that the direct link to the H340 version
> would be http://build.rockbox.org/dist/build-h340/rockbox.zip
>
> Thanks, Robin.

If your build link worked which I didn't test, then assume correctly.
OK so I exaggerated slightly the fact that I download every day. Actually,
since I maintain the voice archive at http://tbrn.net/rockbox I only update
whenever english.lang is changed, to make sure that my voices work for the
endusers, ie, you.
Since I use my run dialog in XP only for important things, the link for my
rockbox download is always extremely close to the top of the list, so I get
up,read the change log, download the file, extract to the root of my
player, put in the new voice file I choose to use for the day and that's
that. Oh and reboot the player naturally.
Then perform the tests, see if voices work, upload voices for download, and
that all takes about 15 minutes if that. It's become somewhat of a little
routeen here.