Subject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

From: Menachem Shapiro <>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:29:36 -0700

On 5/21/07, Dominik Riebeling <> wrote:
> On 5/21/07, Menachem Shapiro <> wrote:
> > Now that there are 100GB capacity drives as well (although I don't
> > think there is a 100GB ipod available yet), will this fix work on
> > drives that are larger than 80GB as well?
> This fix is not related to the size of the disk itself (there are
> other supported players around that run fine with 80GB disks) but the
> fact that the disk apple used in the 80GB does some things ...
> different.

From what I understood from the forums, Apple's FAT32 support in the
80GB is done differently than the older/smaller ipods (larger logical
sector size). That's why the 30GB 5.5G ipod worked, but the 80GB
didn't. I want to know if the fix that got the 80GB to work is
specifically for the 80GB hard drive, or will it work for the 100GB
hard drive as well.

Forum posts here: