Subject: Re: X5's Line in as an external mic

Re: X5's Line in as an external mic

From: Brandon Hicks <>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:28:14 -0600

I'm happy with the recording function. I can't find any mic amps,
preamps or anything else for that matter in any of the stores here. I
don't really want to order one online, so I'll just do volume increases
in Gold Wave and sound reduce the background hiss if I need to.
The recording works except that after recording from the line in, it
breaks voiced menus. Also recording in mp3 with Andre Louis' voice file,
mp3 files from any source sound really really bad, almost like they're
encoded in mp3 pro and played back through a regular encoder. I'm not
sure if that's the voice file, an x5 issue or something unique to me.

Brandon Hicks
Email: hicks.brandon 2 at gmail dot com
MSN messenger:
skype: reyuth
My show on runs Wednesdays from 7 to 11 pm eastern.