Subject: Re: cfg file options

Re: cfg file options

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:07:31 -0500

Additional:
----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn Ervin
To: Rockbox
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:47 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: Hamish Mackenzie
To: Rockbox
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:21 PM
Subject: cfg file options

I would like to set the start screen in the config file to settings so that it would save me a couple of button pushes to get to manage settings to switch between my two config files. I notice in both my config files that I have created that there is the following line at the bottom

start in screen: root

I thought this would be the place to set up what I am looking for but when I change this from root to settings my Nano still starts up in the regular start menu on the files option. Is that line what I am looking for or is that line used for something completely different. If settings is not the right thing to replace root with then could someone please let me know what I need to put in there. Ideally I would love it to start up in the manage settings options but if I can just get into settings I would be happy.

I hope that made sense to someone.

Cheers

Hamish

* Hamish,
Usually, in the CFG files, we don't change the wording, we put a "yes" or "no".
But it has been a while since I have written anything in my CFG file, so I might be mistaken.
Did you maximize the screen, and jump to the end of the line, to see if there is an equals sign for "yes" or "no"?
Take a look at this, and I'll look into a CFG file to see if it is not a "yes"/"no" option.
Glenn

* Hamish,
I looked in a CFG file for my iPod video, and I did not find a line as you described.
But I did turn this feature on in the menus, that is, booting to the root.
I also noticed that most of the choices have a on/off/XX choice, where XX is just some other choice.
Each option in the CFG menu has possible choices in the lines with a number sign in front of it.
So any line with the number sign is ignored, and is there for giving us information.
But my guess is that you leave the setting to
start in root
and put an "=on"
after the statement.
HTH.