Subject: Re: cfg file options

Re: cfg file options

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:36:03 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn Ervin
To: Rockbox
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:15 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: Hamish Mackenzie
To: Rockbox
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:21 PM
Subject: cfg file options

Hi All

* Okay, let's try it again.
I was looking at an old CFG file, and so I found a newer one, and I found:
start in screen: files

So you will need to replace the word "files" with something else, like menus or settings.
One good way to do this is to just change it in the menus, back to "settings", or whatever it is refered to in the settings.
Then you could save a CFG file from the menus, and open it in Notepad, and see what it has been changed to, for future reference.
Glenn

I thought this would be the place to set up what I am looking for but when I change this from root to settings my Nano still starts up in the regular start menu on the files option. Is that line what I am looking for or is that line used for something completely different. If settings is not the right thing to replace root with then could someone please let me know what I need to put in there. Ideally I would love it to start up in the manage settings options but if I can just get into settings I would be happy.

One more bit of info:
In my last post, which I notoriously replied to myself, I wrote to use an equals sign.
I took a closer look at mine, and there is not an equals sign, but a colon, then a space, then you will want to put a "no" after the space on the mentioned statement, without the quotes of course.
HTH.
Glenn