Subject: Re: Manual question and suggestion

Re: Manual question and suggestion

From: Robert Menes <>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:28:32 -0400

On 5/24/07, Dominik Riebeling <> wrote:
> As far as I know this tool is outdated and doesn't work with the
> current Database format of Rockbox. There is no real need to convert
> the Database using a windows application anyway, Rockbox can perfectly
> find and add your files to its database. Check the manual for Database
> initialization.
> - Dominik
I managed to use the tool on a friend's iPod nano 1st gen to convert her
database into a Rockbox database recently, and it worked just fine.

I know that the tool may be outdated and needs to be updated, but for now,
it's better
than nothing, I suppose.

(Rockbox user since 12/18/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.