Subject: Re: Andre Louis voice files

Re: Andre Louis voice files

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:31:48 +0100

On Friday, May 25, 2007 9:09 AM,
Paul Erkens happened to mention in passing:

> Hi Andre,
>
> I'm wondering about the voice files you maintain. Every so often, you
> update them. What causes those voice files to need updating? How do you
> know something substantial has been changed in the rockbox menu
> structure, causing you to make a new version of the voice files?

I update them as I've said a few times, whenever english.lang changes,
regardless of what that change is. I've no idea until I actually wake up
and put rockbox on my player, if a menu item has been added, removed, or
what. And I certainly don't have the time to go into every single feature
of rockbox and find out, so whenever I see that english.lang is changed I
put out new voice files. You can know therefore, when my files are updated,
simply by looking at the rockbox site, or looking at the date of the last 7z
archive on my voice page.
I hope that clears that up for you.

     MR Andre P. Louis

 You can find many things out about me by reading below this line:

  My personal site: http://AndreLouis.COM
  My Live Journal: http://LJ.AndreLouis.COM
  Free music (for use in MOH systems, podcasts and radio):
http://tbrn.net/Beds
  The Beyond Radio Network (TBRN:) http://www.TBRN.NET

   Online contacts:

  Email and NET Messenger: Andre_at_AndreLouis.COM
  Aim: FreakyFwoof
  Bitwise: FreakyFwoof

   Telephone contacts:

  Home (phone United Kingdom): +44207-0788886
  Home (fax United Kingdom): +44207- 2212126
  Cellular (United Kingdom): +44-7875-546903
 In the United States: +1-702-520-5144

  Ring the TBRN conference line 24 hours a day! +1-702-520-5123