Subject: Re: iRiver H320

Re: iRiver H320

From: Paul Erkens <pjealt_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:54:57 +0200

Steve,

All I can think of, is to start your iriver while you hold the record button
depressed. This instructs the boot loader to boot into the original
firmware. Rockbox merely patches the original firmware, to include their
alterrnative boot loader, which is aware of rockbox on the disk.
Even with a broken file system on a drive, you should be able to have fine
usb access from the rockbox replacement boot loader currently in the unit.
Could it be that USB support is present for a short while during boot up,
but then disappears as soon as a corrupted rockbox installation tries to
load? Perhaps it keeps working if you boot into the original firmware rather
than attempting to boot rockbox normally.

Paul.