Subject: Re: .lng file format

Re: .lng file format

From: Paul Erkens <pjealt_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 02:21:17 +0200

Hi Daniel Stenberg,

I feel stupid now. But after a few days of searching the internet for
clarifications in the evening hours I have, I'm still not very far ahead.
It's just that too many things are assumed well known to the reader, while
trying to make sense of the documentation provided. Terms like perl, utf-8,
build environment and so on are now clear, however the file you are pointing
me to, I just cannot find. I still want to make my own voice files.

So, where is this .lang file located to begin with? I have english.lng from
the rockbox distribution file set. It is in .rockbox\langs. But apparently,
that is not the file I should be working with. Doing a windows search for
.lang finds 0 files. Neither on my local drive, nor on the player. I
understand the explanation of the .lang file format you referred me to on
the twiki, but even the link on that very site leads to an internal server
error when I try to view the link about the .lang file on the twiki page. Is
it something I'd have to download separately?