Subject: Re: slow voice

Re: slow voice

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:31:35 +0100

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:26 PM,
Sean Mealin happened to mention in passing:

> Hi;
> I tried to make the voices, and got this message in command prompt:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Mealin\Desktop\Temp_Rockbox\kate.vbs(176,
> 5) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: File not found
> Done.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Sean

1. Make sure you actually have the voice you want to make installed.
2. Do not under any circumstances, attempt as I think you have just done,
to run a program that requires other parts of the archive to be extracted,
from within that archive. That is very, very, and let me say that just one
more time, very! stupid.
3. Extract the entire contents of said archive to a folder that's just a
bit less deep in the path, like maybe c:\makevoices, and run it from there.
The only reason I mention step 2 above is because of the pathname you gave.
Nobody in their right mind would run a makevoice script from a temporary
folder in their own documents and settings folder.

Do this and let me know your results. I expect that it will work when you
run it from an actual folder and not from within an archive.