Subject: Re: Toshiba Gigabeat performance with Rockbox

Re: Toshiba Gigabeat performance with Rockbox

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:43:50 -0400

On 5/29/07, Brandon Hicks <hicks.brandon2_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a gigabeat. I find it works quite well. Rockbox hasn't crashed
> yet. I can't comment on battery life, but it seems to be about what
> you'd expect with the firmware, depending on file types and bitrates you
> use of course. I'd definitely advise rockboxing if blind. If not there
> isn't much of an advantage unless you want the many extra features of
> Rockbox such as games and file formats and such.
> --
> Brandon Hicks
> Email: hicks.brandon 2 at gmail dot com
> MSN messenger: hicks.brandon2_at_gmail.com
> lj: http://seether12.livejournal.com
> skype: reyuth
> SIP: 827802_at_fwd.pulver.com
> My show on http://kool360.com runs Wednesdays from 7 to 11 pm eastern.

In reality, the Gigabeat is for my co-worker's husband, but if that port is
really in
excellent standing, then it's settled. I'll tell her about it and get it
installed when
she's ready.

Besides, seeing that the stock Gigabeat firmware is even more flimsy than
the
stock iPod firmware outdoes every other excuse to Rockbox it.

Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.