Subject: USB connection not recognised by iAudio

USB connection not recognised by iAudio

From: Chris Mairs <>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 19:59:24 +0100

I am a blind newbie to RockBox, so apologies if I'm doing something stupid

I've installed RockBox on my iAudio X5 and can now hear the menus and the
music files I previously copied on to the iAudio (including the tags and the tags, all of which works very well.
Unfortunately now I cannot get the player to be recognised by Win2k or XP
Home Edition when I plug the USB in (I've tried several USB leads and
starting with power off or on on the device with no joy).

There does seem to be a similar bug noted here:

Can anyone make any suggestions please.

In particular how do I now re-instate the original Cowon firmware so I can
make a connection and then maybe download a different version of RockBox?

I've also tried the provided JetShell program from Cowon which cannot find
the device when it is pluggged int.

Many thanks