Subject: RE: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

RE: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

From: daniel dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:27:37 +1000

Hi Paul,

As a blind user, I'm in the process of following your directions to
prepare
my environment to compile a patched version of rockbox. Patches are
regularly posted, and I'm willing to test them, because rockbox is just
too
exciting to not contribute. My question is a bit off topic for this
list,
and I hope you can direct me further to a place where this belongs.

Try the rockbox dev list.
Go to the mailing list link from the rockbox home page for details.

 I'm installing the cygwin environment for windows, like you advised.
During
setup, I encounter the following accessibility situation.

When asked to choose which packages to install, the interface in
cygwin's
setup.exe is not clear to me. There are a few radio buttons on the
screen,
out of which the one labeled "curr" is selected, likely telling setup to

install the current versions of the packages on the mirrors on internet.
The
view is set to "cathegory" by default.

Once you click a cathegory, it expands and you can choose which tool(s)
install.

However, having reached the bottom of the screen, there obviously are
many
more items, but I don't have a way to scroll down. Page down does
nothing,
neither does that work if I first click an item or cathegory, to make
the
list gain focus.

Is there a visual element on the screen to scroll down that sighted
users
utilize? A scroll bar or something else? I checked, but my screen reader

does not see it. It must therefore be a non-standard, custom windows
control, if it's there at all. I need to know how to scroll the display
down, in order to complete cygwin installation, so I can move ahead
towards
trying out the rockbox patch. Can you tell me more?

I am blind myself and needed sighted help to install cygwin.
It is very good when it is up and running but is quite complicated to
install.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Good luck!
Daniel.