Subject: Re: How accessible is rbutil for the blinds ?

Re: How accessible is rbutil for the blinds ?

From: Peter Herngaard <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 02:46:56 +0200

Hello Dominik

JAWS still reports the buttons as "Please select an option [Button)."
Perhaps, there is another place in the code where the Please select an
option is assigned to the applicable control.

I have noticed a new tab called Manual. In this tab there are some controls
which are not accessible,
If the first control under Manual tab now labelled as Rockbox PDF manual is
only a clickable control, which I can't say for sure, there is no problem,
however if PDF manual is intended as a multiselection (PDF
manual/online/HTML et cetera) there is no way by which a JAWS user would be
able to make a selection.
In case that the Control Rockbox PDF manual is a multiselection, using a
combobox would solve the screen reader accessibility issue.

Best Wishes,
Peter Herngaard