Subject: Re: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

Re: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:18:31 +0100

On 11 Jun 2007, Andrew Hart uttered the following:
> Two true. The package management screen in the Cygwin installer is
> truly a crappy piece of work. It's mouse only with virtually no
> keyboard support for doing anything important.

It actually used to be worse. At least it's resizeable now...

I think the real problem is that nobody has the time to make it better,
not that cgf and corinna are actually out to make life hard for blind
people! They'd probably be responsive to suggestions to improve it
(using standard widgets is sort of hard as they're doing something
rather strange in that dialog, but maybe there's a way to make the
custom tree widget screen-reader-friendly?)

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep