Subject: Re: Interesting problem with ipod 5th generation

Re: Interesting problem with ipod 5th generation

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:39:41 -0400

On 6/20/07, Sharon <smace26_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Thanks for trying to help. Can you take me thru where to look for these
> things? Now one thing though is I do believe all this is set right. For
> when I plug it into the computer both itunes and ipod will show up. But
> before I had reinstalled the apple software again rock box had been working
> fine until the latest release of about a week ago. For I had itunes
> uninstalled from my computer and the ipod was showing up fine. But right now
> I still have itunes installed in my computer and both itunes and ipod will
> show up. And I guess that is why both things right now are locking up. So
> if you could try and walk me thru how to not have the ipod launch with
> itunes and how to set the disk usage I would greatly appreciate it. Then we
> can go from there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharon

Sharon,

When you say "latest release of about a week ago", do you mean that you
installed a daily build from one of last week's build releases? (Stupid
question, I know.) Which build of Rockbox were you using when this started?
To check, go to the Main Menu in Rockbox, click SYSTEM > ROCKBOX INFO, and
give me the build number you were using at the time. For example, my current
one is r13620-070611. Maybe we can pinpoint something.

Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.