Subject: RE: ipod nano 2gb: any problems

RE: ipod nano 2gb: any problems

From: daniel dalton <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:03:17 +1000

Gianluca Casalino <> wrote:
> I have an Ipod nano 2gb first edition (of course) and with all
> firmware of rokbox I get this kind of problem.
> I tried to solve them upgrading the ipod firmware from 1.1 to 1.3.1
> too,
> but without success.
> Here are they:
> 1- never I can obtain a battery life monitoring. Always it show 100%,
> but suddenly the Ipod go down without to alert me... the battery
> capacity is set to minimum (1300).

Rockbox on the ipod doesn't have very good battery life and the rockbox
battery gauge isn't accurate so don't rely on it. I am using an iriver
h300 so I don't know if it is improving.

> 2- If I use the equalizer, I can not have pressing the context menu,
> the menu item spoken naturally and rapidly. There is a great delay
> with cliks in the voice.

I don't know the answer to this one.

> what can I try to fix theese problems?

Well as I said you can't really fix the battery life problem unless you
are good at programming and know how to program in c.

Daniel Dalton