Subject: Re: say current playing song

Re: say current playing song

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:05:34 -0400

Martin Mayrhofer wrote:
> Ok, then i have to be more clean on this:
> I'm looking for a Way, if i press long Select on a Directory, select
> playlist, insert and rockbox starts to play the content of the
> directory. Now, a good song is playing and i want to know witch song
> it is... how can i do that...
>
> Thanx Martin

First things first: if you simply want to play a directory, you do not
need to go through the steps to create a playlist. Simply press Select
on a file in that directory and Rockbox will automatically create a
playlist containing the contents of that directory.

Once a song is playing, a short press of the Select button will return
you to the File Browser. Precisely where you go in the File Browser
depends on how you have set the "Follow Playlist" setting. This option
determines what directory the File Browser displays first. If Follow
Playlist is set to Yes, when you enter the File Browser from the WPS,
you will find yourself in the same directory as the currently playing
file. If Follow Playlist is set to No, when you enter the File Browser
from the WPS, you will find yourself in the directory you were in when
you last left the File Browser.

So, if you set "Follow Playlist" to Yes, you will find yourself in the
directory of the currently playing song, with the cursor on the
currently playing song. From there, I believe you can have the filename
voiced in the manner of the voice settings described in my last e-mail.

You can find the "Following Playlist" setting under Settings --> General
Settings --> File View --> Follow Playlist.