Subject: Re: Follow Playlist option

Re: Follow Playlist option

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:09:03 -1000

At 06:02 AM 6/27/2007, Erin wrote:
>Would someone tell me if the follow playlist option has been
>fixed? I'm currently using one of the versions with the old menu structure.

Hi Erin,

The answer is, sort of. If you tap Select while in a playlist and
Follow Playlist is on, the cursor will be focused on the currently
playing file, and if you have Voice Filenames turned on, Rockbox will
tell you which file is playing. However, if you can't hear what the
voice says over the music and hold down Long Play to stop playback,
you are not focused on the file that was just playing as you were
before the menu structure was changed. This means there's no way to
hear the name of the currently playing file without hearing the music
at the same time. Another problem is that if you have Rockbox set to
resume playback when you start it or you choose Resume Playback, you
will not be focused even on the same directory if you stop
playback. I wrote this up on Flyspray a week or so ago, hoping that
someone will try to fix it, but so far I haven't heard anything. I
hope that at some point these problems will be addressed, as I really
miss those features from the old menu structure.

Cheers,
Anna