Subject: Re: button covers, or rhino/armor type hardshell for archos V1 recorder?

Re: button covers, or rhino/armor type hardshell for archos V1 recorder?

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:49:43 -0400

On 6/28/07, George Michaelson <ggm_at_pobox.com> wrote:

> my recorder switches on all the time in my bag. bumps, other things
> poking its buttons.
>
> I tried a few homebrew clips over the buttons, but they aren't very
> satisfactory. either they flex too much, or they depend on pressing on
> the battery covers, spanning the screen. they come off. (cut up plastic
> boxes, I haven't tried any light sheet metal stock yet but I can see it
> coming)
>
> Anyone recommend a specific hardshell that is a good fit? Doesn't need
> to be watertight, as long as it stops accidental on-presses!
>
> -G

Hi George,

For the brief amount of time I had my hands on a V1 Recorder (I was
servicing it and
installing Rockbox on it), I just did the poor man's Hold switch: I simply
removed one
battery out of the Archos and then slipped it into my bag to carry it
around. Granted,
it's a cruft, but at least it worked.

If you have the carrying case from the Archos, on the other hand, transport
it around in
that. The case is thick enough to prevent accidental button presses in a
bag... at least
from my experience.

Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.