Subject: Re: Ipod and blind users

Re: Ipod and blind users

From: <bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:44:03 -0500

Soph wrote:
Hi,

Sory, I know that the IPOD topic is much discussed here, but I just have some short questions. If a visually impaired ipod user prefer to contact me Off
list, no problems.

Is it hard to install rockbox on an ipod and is it easy to use rb on an ipod only with the voice feature?

What model is the best for us?

and, last but not least, what is rockboxable models which have not been discontinued? I know that we can find many of them on ebay for example, but I just
need to know about those which are still available on the market.

Many thanks in advance for the answers  and sory if this has been already discussed.

Regards,

Sof

***
Hi,
It's easy to install RB on an IPod, and to use it with the voice. Currently supported moddles are the IPod Video 30, 60, and 80 GB players. I'm blind, and have no problems using it. I recommend purchasing an IPod case so the unit won't scratch. The cut out along the wheel helps me navigate.