Subject: RE: ipod hard drive

RE: ipod hard drive

From: daniel dalton <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:40:18 +1000

Glenn Ervin <> wrote:
> [...]

Hi Glen,
Are you referring to the hold switch?
I have tried the following.
1. Switch the hold switch to the hold position and then back off hold.
2. Press select +menu.
3. Press select +play when the apple logo appears.

But this doesn't work.
If I remove the hard drive from the ipod is there a way I can test it?
I can't even boot the apple firmware and if I turn it on it says can not
find rockbox.ipod.
I haven't installed a build of rockbox only the boot loader.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel Dalton
Contact details.
If you add me to skype or msn please send an email telling me who you
are. Note: I don't check my msn address for emails. So if you email
please use one of my email addresses above.