Subject: installing rockbox on ipod 80 gig update

installing rockbox on ipod 80 gig update

From: Rich Cavallaro <richcav_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 22:51:42 -0400

Hi all:
I have now restored the apple firmware.
But what ever I am doing still rockbox won't load.
This is what I did to install rockbox.
I made sure that disk mode was checked in itunes.
I closed it.
I ran ipodpatcher.exe
I hit I to install the boot loader and then pressed enter.
I unzipped one of the builds from late june build in to the ipod.
I also put a voice file in the .rockbox/langs folder.
But when I boot the iPod hangs and just shows a picture of an apple.
Is there a certain build that I should be using for the 80 gig? I saw quite a few ipod builds on the daily builds page.